Hey SCBD fans! It has been a while since I posted a new recipe so please forgive me. Now that summer is here, I am all about easy, light meals that fill me up and provide lots of nutrients!
Quinoa Spring Rolls & Salad
- Rice paper wrappers
- 1/2 cup DRY quinoa
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 1 package of ready made cole slaw mix/or you can shred your own carrot/cabbage mix, I am just kind of lazy
- Cook your quinoa as the directions tell you to. I’d recommend using 1/2 cup dry but you can always use more if you’d like.
- While your quinoa is cooking, mix your soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar together in a large bowl. Then add in your cole slaw mix and let it sit. Squeeze the fresh lemon over the mix. You want the lettuce and veggies to really soak up the flavors.
- Once your quinoa is done cooking, let it sit and cool. I stuck my pot in the refrigerator to speed things up.
- Then what you are going to do is mix your cooled quinoa with the lettuce mix. If you don’t have rice paper or wraps, you can eat it like this! I definitely ate a good amount of the mix by itself as I was filling my wraps up.
- Fill up your rice paper with the mix. The rice paper I purchased had directions to show you how to fill them and store them, so hopefully yours does too. It’s pretty simple. Rice paper gets very sticky, but if you want to store them in a tupper ware in the fridge, they’ll be fine! Pair with your favorite sweet and sour sauce or top the salad with some peanuts and enjoy.
What’s your favorite quinoa recipe?