If you missed Monday’s demo, you missed a great recipe and a little lesson on cognac. I was very fortunate to take a job three years ago where I had to travel there for a conference. The experience was amazing and unforgettable. It was filled with amazing French food and cognac drinks.
The cocktails we made were a popular shot called the Red Headed Slut and a classy, cognac cocktail called the French 125! This french toast recipe is super easy and simply replaces your vanilla with cognac to give it a boozy flavor. Here’s the super easy recipe:
- 1 egg
- 2 oz cognac of choice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 slices bread, cut in half however you desire
- Beat egg, cognac and cinnamon in shallow dish. Stir in milk.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly.
- Cook bread slices on lightly greased nonstick griddle or skillet on medium heat until browned on both sides.
- Top with whipped cream and cinnamon and enjoy!
Stay tuned for more easy recipes on my demos and on the blog!