Last Friday, I posted one of my six reasons posts– this one was why you should watch The Flash on CW. I’m back with another and this one means the world to me. And maybe I made sure I posted Stephen Amell as my #MCM this Monday for a reason. I mentioned the story how I got into Arrow in my post on Flash, here. And I’m so incredibly thankful Ty got me into it two years ago.
If you love a good story, Arrow is for you. Warning: it starts off very slow. Then around episode 5 or 6 it picks up and gets more intense. Like all good things, totally worth the wait. So without any further a due, here are my six reasons why you should pour yourself a glass of wine and start watching Arrow:
- The Story, because like The Flash it has so much substance and makes for such a great, interesting script. Soooo much credit to Marc Guggenheim for writing such great work and bringing the Green Arrow to life.
When presumed-dead billionaire playboy Oliver Queen returns home to Starling City after five years stranded on a remote island in the Pacific, he hides the ways the experience has changed him. As he reconnects with those closest to him, including his sister, Thea, Oliver appears to be the same wealthy, carefree bachelor they’ve always known. At night, flanked by his devoted friend, Diggle, Oliver uses his secret persona — that of a vigilante — to right societal wrongs and transform the city to its former glory.
- OLICITY and the many ships of Oliver Queen- As you read above, Oliver comes back home to Star(ling) City and everyone expects him to be the Playboy he used to be. Instead he’s in warrior mode after surviving on the Island. But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t get the girls still. We seem reunite and reconcile (with some pretty steamy scenes) with the Lance sisters. But Olicity has to be the best ‘ship’ of the show and they even won the Ship of the Year award at the MTV Fandom Awards. Olicity= Oliver & Felicity. Felicity is a female lead who is basically Oliver’s confidant and similar to Batgirl because she does all the behind the scenes and helps Ollie find the villains. But she does know how to fight herself, which we’ve seen in a few scenes too. I love her role and the way she’s being portrayed this season. Unfortunately it’s been said that they aren’t getting back together this season. I don’t want to spoil last season but they were engaged until Felicity has to end it. But its nice that they can work together. I can go on forever, but it’s another reason to watch especially since Olicity took awhile to build up, which makes it that much more precious. Hopefully, they’ll work things out…
- Stephen Amell – He plays Oliver Queen aka The Green Arrow. And forever will be my #MCM, apologies to my future husband. Not only is he a beautiful human being inside and out, he also kills it as Arrow. If you’ve watched my demos you’ve heard Ty and talk to him like he’s our best friend, might as well be. He’s constantly interacting with his fans on his Facebook page. He does campaigns for charity on it, too. He’s obviously very invested in the show but also makes time for his little family. I’d love to meet him one day and interview him.
- Team Arrow– Team Arrow has grown and revolutionized over the pass five years. When the show starts, Ollie is working solo dolo but then he hires Felicity and Diggle (John Diggle) to help him out with what he’s doing to save Star City. Then gradually Roy, Thea, Laurel and Sara tag along and the squad does there thing. Now, Ollie is ready to bring in a new squad and its out of control (in a great way). I can’t give too much away but I’m sure you’ll like how everything comes together.
- The villains– First Ollie hunts down people on his hit list, then we just deal with villains around the city, Damien Darkh and so much more. The villains are intense and come around when you least expect it. Can’t forget Ras al Ghul (all my Batman lovers) in the mix too. Arrow would be nothing without the psycho villains testing Ollie and the team weekly.
- Action scenes– Stephen has an amazing stunt double and the action scenes are on point. All the fights are on point and and sometimes there are bombs and explosions in the mix. It’s awesome and makes for great entertainment and an amazing show. I know it gets me more invested in the characters.
- Okay, my bad there’s 7 reasons and the seventh is CROSSOVERS!!!The writers of Arrow and The Flash and now Supergirl have teamed up for some intense and beautifully written episodes that bring the shows together. I love the Arrow and Flash crossovers and how they have created this well crafted DC Universe for us viewers!
Those are just some of the many reasons why you should watch Arrow on CW, every Wednesday at 8PM. Perfect show to watch after eating dinner, grab a glass of wine and enjoy!!! And if you have yet to watch it, you can start seasons 1-4 on Netflix now. I promise you, you won’t regret it, it was one of the best decisions I’ve made within these past two years, and Lord knows I love my dates with Ollie on Wednesday nights. Cheers to some awesome television!