If you saw my Instagram last night you may have saw a picture of an easy salad recipe I threw together before I head to head out before Arrow. It was one of those rare occasions that I was craving a salad and it turned out to be amazing. AKA I’m making this dressing soon and perfecting it more and everything came out on point.
Deconstructed Wedge Salad with Balsamic Mozzarella Chicken
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Tomatoes (cut in halves then quarters)
- 1 lemon worth of fresh lemon juice
- a tsp of white wine vinegar
- 3 leaves of basil (chopped)
- Marinate chicken in balsamic vinegar and salt for about an hour or overnight (if your making this the next day).
- Once its ready, put some oil in a saute pan and cook chicken to your liking. I cook mine for about ten minutes so its still juicy.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and let it melt on low.
- In the meantime, cut two thin slices of the head of lettuce. Place on plate one on top of the other.
- Take your cut tomatoes and place around the plate.
- While the chicken is finishing melting you can make the dressing.
- Take your fresh lemon juice, mix with the chopped basil and white wine vinegar. Let it sit and emulsify a bit.
- Take your chicken off the pan, cut into 5 pieces and put on the middle lettuce section of the salad.
- Top your salad with the dressing and voila its done!
It’s such an easy, basic recipe. If I had more time I would’ve added some bacon and hard boiled eggs too like a real wedge. But it was still delicious and I made it in 30 minutes or less. I’ll definitely be making more homemade dressings and sauces lately so stay tuned!
Here’s to a great meal and perfect lunch to go!
Chef SCBD Sara