Nothing screams comfort food like homemade skin-on mashed potatoes! About a week or so ago due to the massive amount of potatoes I had (and still have in my kitchen) I decided to give it a whirl! Not only are these mashed potatoes delicious but they are easy & budget friendly!
- 4-5 Russet Potatoes
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of milk or heavy cream
- salt (as desired)
- Wash potatoes then put them into a large pot and let boil for about 20 minutes (you should be able to stick a fork in them no problem).
- Strain potatoes so that there is no water in the pot then add butter and milk or heavy cream.
- Mash potatoes until they are a smooth consistency
- Serve with your favorite dish and enjoy!
If you are looking for a healthy alternative I highly recommend you use milk rather than heavy cream. I only had milk at the time but I bought heavy cream last week so I have it for when I make them again since they tasted so great! I am huge mashed potato fan and was surprised how easy they were to make!
Happy Cooking! 😀